"A Day In The Life" Film

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Somehow I needed to see this movie, primarily because I wanted to see what Sticky Fingaz had to offer but also because I told you I would give it a review. Let's be real here, the fuckin' tag line is "Bullets will fly, rap will flow." So, I went to my mixtape supplier on Fulton Street in Brooklyn to cop this shit 'cause you know I ain't payin' $25 for some shit that will probably suck. My man was like "Nah, I don't got it, but give me an hour and call me back. I'll get it for you." I still don't know how these mixtape mutha fuckas make lucci, but this dude got that shit for me mad quick and I finally saw this shit. Plus, dude only charged me $5!!!

The movie itself is outrageous. It's about two rival drug lords and how they start a war with each other and everyone dies. Same story as all the other thugged out, straight to DVD movies that are put out by rappers. The movie consists of sex, drugs, guns, bullets, blood, more blood, more guns, and more guns. All they do is shoot people the whole movie. The plot is awful, acting is not that great, BUT this movie is pretty cool because of the fact that every line of dialogue is a rhyme. There are beats playing non-stop throughout the movie that all the actors rhyme over while having conversations with each other. This, and this alone make this movie pretty ill to see just once. I have to say that Omar Epps is hands down the illest rapper out of all the "real actors" n this movie. His flow and delivery are pretty sick. I wonder if he'd ever rhyme himself. I think he'd be ill 'cause I was thoroughly impressed by his skills.

There's a lot of eye candy in this movie too. (Low budget ghetto, hip-hop movie staying true to the stereotype with video hoes all over the place, "Niiiiiccceee" - Borat.) Sticky's love interest is a sultry, voluptuous hoochie mama. Awful actress, ridiculous snoobs and donkey!!! Shiiiiiiiitttt.

The worst part of the movie is the camera work. It could've been shot better if I used a hidden camera on the lapel of my suit while running around on the set. The angles would've been exponentially better using my method here. Hahaha.

If y'all wanna see some nice ass, a lot of blood and guns, a terrible plot and some pretty ill rhymes, then check this shit out. I'll give it 5 $'s out of a possible 10 $'s.

The movie has a 5.5/10 on IMDB with 105 votes. Money Miz approves this rating.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omar epps does rhyme...hes in like 2 songs on stickys 2nd solo album Decade

Money Miz said...

No shit, huh? I didn't even know about Sticky having a second solo album. I'm about to go find that shit right now. You think Omar Epps would ever drop an album of his own? He was pretty ill.

Post a Comment