"A Day In The Life" Movie by STICKY FINGAZ

Friday, August 28, 2009
In 2001, Sticky Fingaz (of Onyx) released his first solo album titled "Black Trash: The Autobiography of Kirk Jones". In my opinion, this album was slept on by most heads. I think it's one of the illest conceptual hip-hop albums I've ever heard. The album runs like a movie documenting the fictional life of Kirk Jones and his trials and tribulations after getting released from prison. My favorite joint off this album is "Why" featuring the homie X-1 and produced by DJ Scratch. Sticky and his boy have a conversation while driving in a car and some crazy shit goes down. The writing is so smooth and their delivery is priceless because you don't even feel like they're rapping. It's like a seamless conversation where they just happen to be rhyming.

This is essentially what Sticky Fingaz' new movie is like. All the actors rhyme every line they recite. The movie is on some gutter shit with guns, drugs and bitches, but what else would you expect from Sticky? Shiiiiiitttt. The movie stars Sticky along side Mekhi Phifer, Omar Epps, Michael Rapaport, Fredro Star, and Weebay & Omar from "The Wire". I personally haven't seen this shit yet and will post a review once I see it. Based on what I've heard, at the very least, it seems mad creative. If it's anything like his album "Black Trash", then I know I'll be satisfied. There's also a soundtrack that was released a couple weeks ago to go with the movie. I'll keep y'all posted once I check that shit this weekend. Aight, Peep the trailer below for a little peak at this shit:



0 comments:

Post a Comment