Hip-Hop & Bullshit

Monday, August 24, 2009


I've always been a blogger "hater" who never really gave a shit about what other people thought. To be honest, the fact that I just wrote "to be honest" on a fuckin' blog kinda makes me sick right now. I'm still a little hesitant to even post this shit for fear of lookin' at myself in the mirror and thinkin' I'm a computer geek, fruit cake. So, I've vowed to myself that this blog is gonna be a gritty dialogue about hip-hop music and occasionally some other bullshit that I just HAVE to discuss with all you lobster head, small brained, gooffy-eyed lookin' mutha fuckas out there.

Hip-Hop & Bullshit is going to be a blog where I bluntly break down hip-hop music: what's good, bad, fake, fugazi, lame, gay, bitch-made, over-hyped, under-hyped, overrated, underrated, CLASSIC, best of all time and worst of all time. DON'T GET IT TWISTED - THIS IS A COMPLETELY BIASED OPINION OF HIP-HOP MUSIC FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A 28 YEAR OLD HIP-HOP HEAD WHO GREW UP DURING THE GOLDEN AGE. I have no qualms about the fact that you mutha fuckas love Biggie & 2Pac and I think they both sucked in their era. Granted, when I compare their music to the shit that's out now, I think they're both ill, but when compared to their competition when they were alive - it ain't even a question to me.

I should have called this blog "Hip-Hop Is Bullshit" 'cause in all seriousness, it is. Shit that's out nowadays is so bad it has actually polluted the creativity of golden era classic emcees. Ghostface said it best at a recent show I went to at the Nokia Theater in Times Square: "Hip-Hop is bullshit. I have no inspiration anymore. It's like I don't even really write like that anymore." I don't even blame him 'cause he's right. How the fuck can you gain inspiration from Soulja Boy??? You can't. Some of my favorite emcees put out some of the wackest shit now. It's very disappointing. But we'll get into that shit in later posts over the rest of this year.

There's only one thing in my mind that can "save" hip-hop. And by "save" I mean something that brings back the purity to the music. No singing or autotune in the hooks. No rhymin' about your rims and bitches. I'm talkin' about grown ass man content in the rhymes. GROWN ASS MUTHA FUCKIN' MAN SHIT MY PEOPLE. The Grown man shit I write of is Raekwon's "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2. With production from The RZA, Dr. Dre, The Alchemist, Pete Rock, Scram Jones, and J Dilla among others, I just don't know how you could go wrong. The album is guest starring Ghostface Killah and the first cuts and album cover have me urinating every 30 minutes 'cause I'm so fuckin' excited. What put me over the edge was two recent posts on Twitter from 9th Wonder and P. Diddy (of all people). 9th Wonder posted a tweet to the Alchemist saying: "@AlanTheChemist my man! Heard that Raekwon joint you did... LORD JESUS." P. Diddy stated: "@RaekwonIceWater the world needs your album!!! I heard it! I can't feel my face!!!"

So the chef betta have some crazy shit boiling in the pot for us. That shit betta be some succulent lamb that just falls off the bone. I'ma leave y'all with his new video for the two singles from Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2. If these songs don't get your pussy wet, then y'all don't have real pussies!!!! SHIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!!!!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment