Money Miz's Top 20 Hip-Hop Albums

Sunday, September 13, 2009
The following is a list of my top 20 favorite hip-hop albums of all time. What I look for in an album is lyrical skill and flow, delivery, charisma, consistency of production, number of times I have to skip a track (preferably none), skit/interlude creativity, and how groundbreaking the album was at the time it was released. If it ain't raw, it ain't for me. I will probably miss a few really ill albums, but just because they ain't on my list doesn't mean I don't think highly of them. There's a few albums I had to cut from my list that should be mentioned as all time bests such as: The Fugees "The Score", Reflection Eternal, Dead Prez "Let's Get Free", Dr. Dre "The Chronic 2001", Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Pt. II", Cormega "The True Meaning", Outkast "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik", and Eminem's first two albums (among a few others). Unfortunately, I had to narrow my list down to 20 so I had to make some difficult choices. Aight, feel free to comment about my list. Just keep in mind that my opinion reigns supreme over mutha fuckas everywhere!!!! So fuck all you haters!!! Hahaha.

20: Jay-Z: "The Blueprint"



19. Dr. Dre: "The Chronic"



18. Snoop Dogg: "Doggy Style"



17. Outkast: "ATLiens"



16. Busta Rhymes: "Extinction Level Event"



15. Jay-Z: "Reasonable Doubt"



14. Killah Priest: 'Heavy Mental"



13. NaS: "Illmatic"



12. Cormega: "The Realness"



11. Jedi Mind Tricks: "Violent By Design"



10. Killah Priest: "The Offering"



9. Big Pun: "Capital Punishment"



8. Mobb Deep: "The Infamous"



7. NaS: "It Was Written"



6. GZA: "Liquid Swords"



5. Ghostface Killah: "Supreme Clientele"



4. Wu-Tang Clan: "Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)"



3. Raekwon: "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..."



2. Ghostface Killah: "Ironman"



1. Wu-Tang Clan: "Wu-Tang Forever"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo dat shit is wackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Dis shit is da worst liest like ever yo
top five albumz are obvious

Uhhhhh OHHHHHHHH Nelly's country grammerz is difinitelyz top 5...den da massacre cuz 50 be on dat ill shit son...It's Murddddddddddddah Jah Rule on dat italin Veni Viti Viki shit...Soulja Boy's shit yo is on some liek illlllllllll shit...and 1 is obviously get rich or die trying. GGGGGGGUNIT!!!!!11!!!!!!

Get real son dats a list right thur

Money Miz said...

HAHAHAHA. You need to go paper cut the fuck outta both your eye balls, go swimming in the saltiest ocean on the planet and get eaten by a fucking shark.

Dumb bastard...

Anonymous said...

ROFL Im da one whose dumb?

You like GAY tang clan... Get real son... dey are on some gaaaayyy shit

lol gay miz

Phil D'Arcangelo said...

Thats a solid list Micheal but I think you should have put Paid in Full on there.

and even though this wasn't an official album Warning Shots was ill and probably the closest thing to an album Saigon will ever drop.

Unknown said...

Good list overall, but I am surprised you didn't put Das Efx an put Chronic. Hard to do list of top 20 though.

Unknown said...

Do you know who the ggggunit person is? Is that b-nice?

Money Miz said...

Rich - No clue who ggggunit is. I agree that I fucked up with not including Das EFX "Dead Serious". That was my favorite album before 36 Chambers. I guess I left it off because it isn't amazing in any of the categories I listed above. It was just an album I fucking loved so much. I guess I bitched out and didn't put it on the list because I thought people would think I was crazy. I would replace the Chronic with it though.

Phil - What up kid??? Glad you're reading my blog. I agree that Saigon's warning shots was ill, but it ain't a real album so I couldn't put it up there. Have you heard his album with Statik Selektah called "All In A Day's Work"??? I need to pick you up some weekend soon and bring you over so I can hit you off with some new music. When's good for you??? Let me know.

Anyone catch that Pats game tonight??? Shiiiiiittt!!!

Phil D'Arcangelo said...

Ya i know its not an album but I thought I'd mention it anyways just because its one of my favorites. We should defiantly hang out one weekend I'm free whenever so just let me know whens good for you.

The pats game last night was crazy I couldn't believe they came back to win.

Post a Comment