50 Cent "Before I Self Destruct" iTunes

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I hate to say this, but 50 Cent's new album "Before i Self Destruct" is the best deal ever on iTunes right now. The shit is $9.99 for a limited time (because it officially drops on 11/17) and you get some amazing shit with it. I downloaded it off iTunes at midnight last night when it was initially released not even realizing what I was getting for my 10 bucks.

The album comes with 18 tracks (two of which are bonus tracks exclusive to iTunes), but it also comes with two movies!!! The first one is 50's own movie by the same title as the album and runs 1 hour and 20 minutes. The second one is the brand new documentary "2 Turntables and a Microphone: The Life and Death of Jam Master Jay" which runs 1 hour and 34 minutes. For 10 fuckin' dollars you get his album and two movies, one of which is a documentary about Jam Master Jay, which makes this purchase worth every penny. I've got to say this is one of the best music deals I've ever come across.

Plus there's some other special features, videos and interviews. I just don't see how you can go wrong with this purchase. Even if you don't like 50 Cent, the JMJ documentary is worth the $9.99. SHIIIIIIIITTT.

On a music note, the album isn't bad. It's definitely better than his last release "Curtis," but not as good as his Aftermath debut "Get Rich or Die Tryin." The first track is produced by DJ Premier, so I was a little impressed right off the bat. I'd say the album is 50/50 - pun definitely intended. Haha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment