The Gospel of Hip Hop by KRS-One

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

On October 6, 2009, KRS-One released his third book titled "The Gospel of Hip Hop: The First Instrument." I just got it in the mail from Amazon.com and I literally feel like I finally possess MY Bible. I am not a religious person, but if there ever was something in life that I believed in or "worshiped," whether it be a movement, a culture or a following, it would be Hip Hop. Thank God for KRS-One!!!

This book is an 832 page spiritual opus written as a manual for people interested in Hip Hop and wishing to follow Hip Hop culture as a life path. The Gospel of Hip Hop boldly asks its readers to "ask not, "how did Hip Hop happen?" but, "why did Hip Hop happen?"

AllHipHop.com recently asked KRS-One about this book and he stated: "I’m suggesting that in 100 years, this book will be a new religion on the earth... I think I have the authority to approach God directly, I don’t have to go through any religion [or] train of thought. I can approach God directly myself and so I wrote a book called The Gospel of Hip Hop to free from all this nonsense garbage right now. I respect the Christianity, the Islam, the Judaism but their time is up. ...In a hundred years, everything that I’m saying to you will be common knowledge and people will be like, 'Why did he have to explain this? Wasn’t it obvious?"

Anyone who believes themselves to be engrossed in the Hip Hop way of life must feel obligated to read this book in order to verify whether or not they truly ARE Hip Hop. I started reading the book last night and am already enthralled by the wordplay and incite the Blast Master Kris has layed out for us. Let's be real here, this dude's name stands for: Knowledge Reigns Supreme On N***az Everywhere!!! You better believe I'ma take his word for it.

You can cop this book for mad cheap on Amazon.com at: http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-Hip-Hop-First-Instrument/dp/1576874974/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258500182&sr=8-1

BE SURE TO INCREASE YOUR HIP HOP I.Q. AND SUPPORT THE TEMPLE OF HIP HOP AND KRS-ONE!!!

Peep KRS-One droppin' knowledge in his first overstanding from the Gospel of Hip Hop:

0 comments:

Post a Comment