EMCEE OF THE WEEK - Large Professor

Sunday, November 29, 2009

This week's "EMCEE OF THE WEEK" goes to Large Professor, a.k.a. Large Pro or Xtra P, who has been a consistent creator of true hip hop since steppin' on the scene in 1988 as a founding member of the group Main Source. Amazingly, at the age of 37, Large Pro is still rockin' crowds with his beats and his rhymes. He's one of the few producer/rappers who has maintained a consistent high level of skill in the booth and on the boards.

Large Professor is most notably known for debuting Nas on Main Source's "Breaking Atoms" album on the track "Live At The Barbeque." Nas and Large Pro have collaborated several times over the years and it's always on point. What I like about Large Pro is his uncanny ability to make hard yet simple, "boom-bap" style beats and spit hard yet simple rhymes over them without ever being boring. I say simple for lack of a better word, but he truly has maintained an old school style with a new school edge and due to this has remained relevant for over 20 years in the game.


I recently spent two entire days digging through my "virtual crates" in my archives and even had to go out and find a couple joints that I didn't have in a quest to obtain every single track Large Professor ever spit on. After some serious neck crampage from simultaneously staring at my computer screen and bobbing the fuck outta my head, I was able to compile what I believe to be the most extensive "Best Of" Money Mixtape for Large Professor. I laid out 25 of the illest records Large Pro has created throughout his illustrious career in a seamlessly smooth flowing mixtape. Honestly, this mutha fucka should pay me for making the sickest mixtape of all time!!!

For anyone who isn't that familiar with Large Professor go do some research and check this video below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment