THROWBACK CLASSIC - Week of 1/4

Tuesday, January 5, 2010
After the release of Reflection Eternal's new mixtape "The RE:Union" on New Year's Eve, I been on some 1998 shit hard body. Living in Brooklyn now and listening to this Black Star album again tonight, I wonder what it would have been like to live here during this time frame. It must've been good shit. My boy B-Nice and I were just talkin' about Rawkus Records last night. They fucked up their business and it's really unfortunate. Rawkus had such a true Hip Hop catalog back then and they always seemed to deliver. Where in the fuck are labels like that nowadays? I mean aside from Duck Down, there really ain't successful, consistent underground labels that have big rosters of underground heavyweights. Everyone just does shit on their own now. I know it may be better to do this, but as a fan I kinda miss having a "go-to" label that puts out classic albums and sick compilations with all their artists (i.e. Soundbombing and Lyricist Lounge). I swear to God, I gotta bring this shit back somehow. Don't worry Hip Hop, ya boy Money Miz got some shit up his sleeve this year. I GOTCHU BABY!!!

This week's THROWBACK CLASSIC is "Definition" by Black Star. They just don't make it like this anymore... SMMFH...

0 comments:

Post a Comment