HIP HOP CONCERT WATCH - New York

Sunday, December 27, 2009
The following is a list of upcoming concerts in the New York area:

JOE BUDDEN W/ DJ FREQUENCY:

Where: S.O.B.'s (204 Varick St. NY, NY 10014)
When: Monday, December 28 & Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Doors: 8:00 PM
Show: 9:00 PM
Tickets: SOLD OUT
http://www.sobs.com/node/118

I'll be at the Monday night show. Budden has been tweeting about how he plans on doing a 3 hour set list for the show. He said he plans to pass out on stage after each performance. There's also been rumors of special guests. Hmmm... Let me guess, SLAUGHTERHOUSE??? I'll put money on at least Joell Ortiz being in the building for this one. I'm pretty excited about this concert. S.O.B.'s is a great venue and Joe Budden may be the most underrated MC right now (at least on a mainstream, household name type of level).

Be sure to follow S.O.B.'s and Joe Budden on Twitter for more concert info:

www.Twitter.com/SOBs        www.Twitter.com/mousebudden

GZA:

Where: The Gramercy Theatre (127 E 23rd St. NY, NY 10010)
When: Satruday, January 9, 2010
Doors: 8:00 PM
Show: 9:00 PM
Tickets: $22.50 (In Advance)
http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/416233

I've seen the GZA live quite a few times. He's one of my favorite MCs of all time. I'm still debating about whether I'm goin' to this show though. I might be out of state that weekend...

HIP HOP KARAOKE CHAMPIONSHIP 2:


Where: The Fillmore NY at Irving Plaza (17 Irving Place NY, NY 10003)
When: Friday January, 29 2010
Doors: 8:00 PM
Show: 9:00PM
Tickets: $13.00 (In Advance)
http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/414465

My friend Hallie put me onto this show right here. This shit is some hardcore karaoke. No reading lyrics and no bullshit. It's the best of the best hip hop karaoke performers battling for the title of "Hip Hop Karaoke Champion" on Friday, January 29, 2010. There will be three special guest judges and Buckshot (of Black Moon and The Boot Camp Clik) has been announced as the first judge so far. I will definitely be in attendance for this event. Check the link below for more info from their official web site:

Hip Hop Karaoke Championship Web Site

Also follow them on Twitter at: www.Twitter.com/HHKNYC

2 comments:

Dame Syllabust said...

Hip Hop Kaoraoke sounds hella fun...I didn't know shit like that existed.

Money Miz said...

Me either. I heard it is off the hook and that the performers are like professional karaoke dudes. It should be very entertaining!!!

Post a Comment