Jay Electronica "Exhibit C"

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My boy Khamal has been yellin' at me for a minute now about Jay Electronica. He's been sending me anything dude ever put out as soon as it comes out and I've liked everything I've heard thus far. Khamal's been tryin' to get me on this new JUST BLAZE produced track "Exhibit C" for a while now and I just haven't had time to really sit down and hear this shit.

Tonight, I finally heard this shit and I'll never make the mistake of putting off listening to this MC ever again. My initial reaction was: ComeOnSon!!! GetTheFuckOuttaHere!!!! Jay Electronica is the truth like Paul Pierce with 3 seconds left takin' a fade-away from the elbow of the free throw line. His flow is relentless, his voice is deep and raspy, his delivery is mint, and his content... His CONTENT?!?!?! That shit is B.A.N.A.N.A.S.!!!!


I first was introduced to Jay Electronica on the track "Queens Get The Money" from Nas's "Untitled" album in 2008. Jay produced the beat which is a signature style of his. He tends to produce drumless beats using samples from movie soundtrack scores. I really like the way he does this because you end up soaking in his lyrics that you're forced to pay attention to.

Jay Electronica is making quite a buzz for himself through the internet and other unconventional media outlets and now I absolutely can't wait for a real album from him anymore. He's one hell of a hip hop artist.

On a side note, he just had a kid with Erykah Badu earlier this year. This chick really likes to get with some dope MCs. Her roster has been pretty elite with Jay and Andre 3000.


You can follow Jay Electronica via Twitter at: http://twitter.com/JayELectronica

His official MySpace is: http://www.myspace.com/jayelectronica
 
Whatever you do, don't make the mistake I did with "Exhibit C." Make sure you listen to it below. It's simply ridiculous, rare, and true hip hop...

0 comments:

Post a Comment