THROWBACK CLASSIC - Week of 10/26

Tuesday, October 27, 2009
With the release of Sean Price's new mixtape "Kimbo Price: The Prelude To Mic Tyson" and this past weekends CMJ Showcase Concerts in New York including the entire Boot Camp Clik, I find it appropriate to post The Fab 5's "Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka" video for my Throwback Classic this week. The Fab 5 consisted of two smaller groups within The Boot Camp Clik, Heltah Skeltah and the Originoo Gun Clappaz. Heltah Skeltah, in my opinion is the best group to come out of Boot Camp and consists of Sean Price aka Ruck and Rockness Monsta aka Rock. Originoo Gunn Clappaz consists of Starang Wondah, Top Dog, and Louisville Sluggah. Unfortunately, they never came out with an album together as The Fab 5 despite making several tracks together featured on both Heltah Skeltah and O.G.C. albums.

I always hoped The Fab 5 would put together an album, but it's just too late at this point. My expectations just aren't that high anymore considering the awful Heltah Skeltah reunion album "D.I.R.T." that was released a couple years ago. I don't know what it is with Sean Price, but his beat selection has been falling off lately. "Kimbo Price" is almost not listenable due to it's extremely slow and boring production.

Aside from my recent criticisms of some of the music coming out of The Boot Camp Clik, they were and still are one of the illest hip-hop crews that ever formed and "Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka" is one of the nicest joints they ever put out. Peep the video below:


0 comments:

Post a Comment